This is a final reminder that VMware will remove all but the most recent versions of the Virtual Infrastructure product binaries from the download web site on June 17, 2010. As of May 2010, these Virtual Infrastructure products have all reached end of general support according to the published support policy. The downloadable products removed will include both ESX and Virtual Center releases.
By removing older releases, VMware is establishing a long-term sustainable product maintenance line for older ESX product releases which have transitioned into the Extended Support life cycle phase.
This will enable VMware to baseline all patches and critical fixes against these baselines. This translates to faster customer turn-around and greater product stability during the extended support phase.
Virtual Infrastructure products being removed by June 17, 2010:
* ESX 3.5 versions 3.5 GA, Update 1, Update 2, Update 3 and Update 4
* ESX 3.0 versions 3.0 GA, 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.0.3
* ESX 2.x versions 2.5.0 GA, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.1.3, 2.5.3, 2.0.2,
2.1.2 and 2.5.4
* Virtual Center 2.5 GA, 2.5 Update 1, 2.5 Update 2, 2.5 Update 3,
2.5 Update 4 and 2.5 Update 5
* Virtual Center 2.0
Virtual Infrastructure products remaining for Extended Support:
These versions will be the baseline for ongoing support during the Extended Support phase. All subsequent patches issued will be based solely upon the releases below.
* ESX 3.5 Update 5 will remain throughout the duration of Extended
* ESX 3.0.3 Update 1 will remain throughout the duration of Extended
* Virtual Center 2.5 Update 6 will remain throughout the duration
of Extended Support
VMware Customers may stay at a prior version, however VMware’s patch release program during Extended Support will be continued with the condition that all subsequent patches will be based on the latest baseline. In some cases where there are release dependencies, prior update content may be included with patches.