Its that time of year again where the VMworld session voting is open to the public. I have submitted two sessions this year that I think will help pass on some of the information I and my colleagues have learnt over the year.
The sessions I have submitted are:
Session 1166: Monitoring a vCloud Infrastructure: Presenters – David Hill and Andy Troup
Abstract: For a VMware vCloud to be successful and operationally sustainable, an absolutely critical step is developing a solid monitoring solution. This session will help customers address this by exploring the proven, practical activities and considerations VMware has defined, based on experience, for developing a monitoring architecture. A participant in this session will leave with a deep technical understanding of the guiding principles underlying a VMware vCloud monitored architecture utilising VMware VCOps and VMware Hyperic. In addition to the technical aspects, this session will also provide the participant with an insight in to understanding the key requirements for implementing such a solution, as well as the benefits they will realise from the resulting implementation.
Session 1168: Architecting a Cloud Infrastructure: Presenters – David Hill and Aidan Dalgleish, Moderator: Chris Colotti
Abstract: This session will discuss the various design considerations when architecting the foundation for every solid cloud environment: vSphere 5.0. We will start with sizing and scaling and end with some operational guidance. Different examples will be used to show the impact design considerations can have on the availability of your services.
This session is based on the one that Duncan Epping and I presented at PEX.
I hope you think these sessions will be worth voting for. Another couple of sessions I think are worthwhile voting for are:
- 1154 vCloud Director Infrastructure Resiliency: DR of the Cloud – Chris Colotti and Duncan Epping
- 1167 Architecting for vCloud Allocation Models – Frank Denneman and Chris Colotti
- 1195 Using VXLAN for vCloud Director DR and Failover Without Stretched Layer 2 Networking – Kamau Wanguhu and Aidan Dalgleish
- 1199 vSphere Storage Appliance Deep Dive & New Features – Cormac Hogan
- 1203 How to Manage VMware Autodeploy With a User-friendly GUI – Max Danieri
- 1263 vCloud Director Networking: Looking Behind the Curtains – Kendrick Coleman and Chris Colotti
- 2164 Automation of vCloud Director Disaster Recovery – Alan Renouf and Aidan Dalgleish